It’s a dip, it’s a spread, it’s vegan deviled ham! This recipe uses dark red kidney beans, chickpeas, ground seeds, and spices. Serve it with sliced vegetables, or between two pieces of gluten-free sandwich bread. Food for Life Gluten-Free Rice Millet Bread is what we sometimes use here at Now That’s Vegan!
- 1 (15oz) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (15ox Can chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 green onions, white parts only
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground*
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Place the garlic and onion in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well combined and almost smooth, for a slightly chunky dip or spread.
- For added flavor, after processing mix in a vegan condiment such as Vegan Mayo, or dill relish.
- To make it zesty, add a small amount of vegan and gluten-free Worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce is usually not vegan or gluten-free, so read the ingredients listed on the label. If you’re still not sure, check with the manufacturer. You might try The Wizard’s Organic Gluten Free Vegan Worcestershire Sauce.
Makes 2 cups
*For the best flavor, use freshly ground seeds. You can grind all the seeds together in a seed grinder or coffee grinder.