Homemade Jam tastes great, and adds sweetness to gluten-free breads, cakes, and pancakes. Try it on homemade Breakfast Squares.
- 3 and 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup agave nectar, light
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring and mashing frequently, for 25 minutes or until mixture reduces to a thick syrupy constancy. If the jam starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Remove from heat and allow to completely cool, then serve. Stores in an airtight container or jar for ten to 12 days.
Makes about 1 cup.