Buying tomato sauce in a jar can make cooking easy, but this simple recipe also makes cooking easy. Not to mention, by choosing fresh herbs the taste is sure to be delizioso! That’s Italian for delicious, in case you didn’t know.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and thinly sliced
- 14.5oz can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes, fire roasted.
- 1 6oz can Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregino leaves* (optional)
- Celtic Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 oz box of DeBoles, gluten-free Rice Fettuccine, or other gluten-free pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onions and garlic for 2 minutes or until the onions are translucent (not browned).
- Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh chopped basil, parsley, and if using oregano that too. Reduce the heat to low, cover partly, and simmer for the time it takes to cook the pasta (up to 12 minutes).
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water. Stir frequently, and watch the time so not to overcook. Drain when done, then transfer to a serving platter and top with sauce and serve, with extra sauce for anyone who wants to add more. Also serve with with Vegan Grated ‘Cheese’ for added flavor.
Makes 4 servings