Peanut butter is easy to make in a food processor, and it’s tasty!
- 3 cups dry roasted* peanuts, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt, or to taste (optional).
- Place the roasted peanuts in a food processor bowl and process for seven minutes or until creamy smooth. Stop to scrape the sides as needed.
- Add the salt if using, and process for an additional 30 seconds. Processing will warm the peanut butter so let it cool before transferring it to a Jar. Stores refrigerated in a jar with an airtight lid for up to 5 days.
- For a blended nut butter, replace 1 cup of peanuts with 1 cup of almonds, cashews, or sunflower seeds. Choose roasted nuts and seeds for the best flavor. Choose unsalted nuts and seeds in order to control the amount of salt used, if using.
- For a chunky version, transfer the processed nut butter into a medium size bowl and mix in 1/2 cup chopped peanuts. Use a chiefs knife to carefully chop the nuts on a cutting board, since the pulse button on a food processor might chop some too small while leaving some too large.
Makes about 3 cups
* Roasted peanuts make the peanut butter more flavorful. You can buy roasted peanuts, or bake raw peanuts. To bake raw peanuts, place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in preheated 325ºF oven for 12 minutes or until slightly browned and fragrant. Immediately remove from oven to prevent burning. Let cool.