Just because you’re vegan doesn’t mean that you have to give up ice cream. This creamy and delicious nondairy frozen dessert should make you happy. If you serve it with Cacao Cake Balls you might even become ecstatic.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked 2 hours in filtered water, drained
- 1 (13.66 oz) can Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk or other brand, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract*
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend on high speed for 2 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour into an 11 cup capacity Pirex Storage Dish or other shallow freezer safe container. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 8 or more hours, stirring it once or twice throughout this time if ice crystals start to form on top.
- Remove from the freezer and check every couple of minutes for it to becomes just soft enough to remove with a Zeroll Ice Cream Scoop or other ice cream scooper. Place the scoops of ice cream in small dessert bowls or ramekins, such as Emile Henry Ramekins, and serve immediately. Stores in the freezer for up to 3 days.
- Top with a sprinkle of Navitas Naturals Organic Cacao Nibs, or other brand.
- Make a raspberry sauce to pour over the ice cream. Simply blend in a high powdered blender, 1 cup frozen raspberries and 1/4 cup agave nectar.
- Drizzle with some Vegan Chocolate Sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
* Most extracts contain alcohol primarily derived from corn, which is gluten-free. Still, people with celiac disease and gluten sensitivity may want to contact the manufacturer of the brand they are using to be sure that it’s gluten-free.
Leave a Comment