This easy to make salsa is spicy hot, but if you want it milder you can use less jalapeño pepper with the seeds removed.
- 3 medium size tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper*
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar, light
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- Pulse tomatoes in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Do not over process. Transfer tomatoes to a large bowl.
- Pulse onion and jalapeño pepper in a food processor, until finely chopped. Add onion mixture to the tomatoes.
- Mix in vinegar, agave nectar, salt, and black pepper.
- Refrigerate for one hour or more, drain any excess liquid, and serve with gluten-free yellow or blue corn tortilla chips and Bubbly Lime Refresher.
*For a mild salsa, use less jalapeño pepper with the seeds removed. When handling hot peppers, it is wise to wear food handling gloves, or afterwards wash your hands well. Otherwise your skin may become irritated, and also your eyes if you should happen to rub them.
Makes about two cups