A chocolate peanut butter flavored chia pudding. Have it for dessert or anytime!
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup soy milk, adjusted
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the coconut oil. For best results use a natural peanut butter that contains just peanuts, or peanuts and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, except for the cacao nibs. Be sure the cacao powder and all the ingredients are completely blended. If too clumpy, add a little more soy milk. Transfer into two small bowls or ramekins. Know that the chia seeds will soften overnight.
- Divide the peanut butter mixture between the two bowls or ramekins. Smooth with the back of a teaspoon.
- Cover with tight fitting lids or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove lids or plastic wrap and garnish with cacao nibs if using. Enjoy one and store the other in the refrigerator for another day. Better yet, have one and share the other with a friend or family memeber.
- Replace the soy milk with another plant-based milk. You might try full fat coconut milk since it helps to make the pudding extra creamy.
- Replace the peanut butter with almond butter, or make Delicious Nut Butter and use that.
Makes 2 servings
Leave a Comment