Raw zucchini, celery, green onions, parsley, garlic, ginger. . . all add up to a salad with a delicate blend of flavors. Perfect for a light lunch or with dinner.
- 2 zucchini, quartered the long way then chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped curly parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts only
- freshly ground pink Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2-inch piece ginger root, peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 dates soaked in filtered or distilled water for 4 hours, drained
- 2 tablespoons Bariani raw extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, except for the salt and pepper.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients in a high powered blender for 2 minutes or until liquefied. If necessary, stop to scrape the sides.
- Pour dressing over salad, mix to coat, and refrigerate for 45 minutes or more. Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
Makes 4 servings.