A delicious vegan pumpkin pie with an almond raisin crust. Make it for Thanksgiving Day, or any day!
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 cups Homemade Pumpkin Purée or store-bought
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a food processor, process the crust ingredients for 1 minute or until finely chopped and clumps together.
- Using the back of a large wooden spoon, evenly press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Clean the food processor bowl then process the filling ingredients for 2 minutes or until very smooth.
- Pour mixture onto the pie crust, smooth with a rubber spatula, and refrigerate for 24 hours. Slice and serve. Stores refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- If on a low sugar diet, replace the maple syrup with stevia to taste, or yacon syrup if approved by your doctor or nutritionist.
- If you like to mix your own spices, replace the pumpkin pie spice with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon allspice.
Makes 8 servings