A nondairy spread that can be used to top steamed vegetables or toasted gluten-free Sandwich Bread. Give it a try!
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, unrefined
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, finely ground**
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground Himalayan salt
- Place all the ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk for 1 minute or until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer to glass container and cover with a tight fitting lid. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.
- Before use, remove from refrigerator and let sit 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Stores refrigerated in a covered container for up to two weeks.
Makes 1 cup
*Don’t use light coconut milk, which is simply coconut milk with lots of water added to it. Also, be sure to shake the can or carton well before opening and using.
**Nutritional Yeast is deactivated yeast flakes that can add flavor and nutrients to vegan cooking. For this recipe, use a clean coffee grinder or spice grinder to grind the flakes into a powder before using. 1/2 cup of flakes produces 1/4 cup finely ground powder.