Turnip greens can be added to your smoothies. Because these greens have a sharpness to them, we added pineapple to sweeten it and even out the flavor. We also added avocado. This combination results in a delicious, creamy, green smoothie.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup (6 cubes) ice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup turnip greens, loosely packed
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place in a blender container the filtered water, ice, and frozen pineapple. Blend on low speed until slushy.
- Add the the remaining ingredients. Blend on low speed then high for 30 seconds or until creamy smooth.
- Pour into 1 tall glass or 2 short glasses and serve immediately.
Makes 1 (16oz) or 2 (8oz) servings
Leave a Comment