A recipe for sautéed mushrooms that doesn’t take very long to make, and tastes great when served on top of cooked pasta or rice. You can also let the mushrooms cool, in order to serve in a tossed green salad.
- 1 (8oz) package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon filtered water, adjusted
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free liquid aminos, or gluten-free tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, on medium high.
Add mushrooms, and use a large wooden spoon to distribute evenly. Don’t stir.
Cook 4 minutes, or until browned. Use the spoon to gently flip the mushrooms. Cook an additional 4 minutes. If at any time the mushrooms start to stick to the pan, add just enough filtered water to loosen, stir, and allow water to evaporate.
Add the liquid aminos or tamari, garlic, and basil or thyme. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until tender.
Makes 4 to 6 servings