- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 large onion, diced to 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 ribs cellery, sliced to 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth, low sodium and gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté for 1 minute. Add the garlic, reduce the heat to medium, and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add the oats and vegetable broth, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Mix in the sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper, then cook an additional 5 minutes or until mixture sticks together.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart oven safe baking dish and bake in a preheated 350º F oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.