A simple yet flavorful recipe for sautéed Brussels sprouts!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Simple Vegetable Broth or gluten-free store-bought brand
- 16 to 20 trimmed Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size wok or skillet, then add the onion. Sauté on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic. Stir-fry 1 minute, tossing quickly to heat the garlic without burning it.
- Add the Brussel sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Add the broth. Partly cover with a lid and let simmer for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and mix in the sea salt and black pepper. Transfer immediately to a serving bowl or serving plates, and enjoy!
Yield: Makes 2 to 4 servings.