A simple recipe for red potatoes, made flavorful by seasoning and roasting.
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed, dried, and quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss to coat the potatoes.
- Spread evenly on a large parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350º F oven for 20 minutes or until tender when inserted with a knife. Serve hot.
- Replace the dried basil with dried oregano or dried thyme, or a blend of herbs such as dried Italian Seasoning or Herbs de Provence.
- To make it spicy, when adding the herbs also add 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder and 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder.
Yield: Makes 6 servings