A simple recipe that uses quinoa, peas, corn, and few other tasty veggies plus seasonings. Make it part of the meal that you serve at your of next garden party, cookout, potluck, or picnic.
- 2 cup quinoa
- 4 cups filtered water, plus extra to rinse
- 1 (15oz) can sweet peas
- 1 (15oz) can corn kernals
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer under running filtered water. Transfer to a medium pot then add the 4 cups of filtered water. Bring to a boil. Cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Let sit with the lid in place for 5 minutes to allow the quinoa to steam. Transfer to a large bowl, fluff with a fork, and set aside.
- In a medium pot, Cook the peas and corn kernels in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well, then add to the quinoa.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss until well combined. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or unto cold, and serve!
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings