A yummy no-bake strawberry cheesecake that’s vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 6 large medjool dates, pitted
- 20 medium strawberries, stems removed, divided
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, soaked overnight, drained
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a food processor, process the crust ingredients for 1 minute or until finely chopped and clumps together. Using the back of a large wooden spoon, evenly press the mixture into a 9-inch spring pie pan. Set aside.
- Clean and dry the food processor bowl. Process four of the strawberries with the remaining filling ingredients for 8 minutes or until smooth. Pour mixture onto the pie crust, and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with taught plastic wrap or a flipped over dinner plate. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Slice the remaining strawberries in fourths the long way. Place them on top of the cheesecake in a single layer, then slice the cheesecake and serve! Stores refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Makes 8 servings
Kitchen Tip: To soak nuts, place them in a glass or ceramic bowl, add a little sea salt (optional) to warm filtered water, then pour the water over the nuts. Since nuts expand when soaked, a ratio of 2:1 is your best bet, with two parts water to one part nuts. Cover the bowl with a clean cloth and let sit for a specified time. Rinse with filtered water then drain in a colander. If you like this kitchen tip go to: More Kitchen Tips. There you will find a variety helpful tips to make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable.