What do you get when you combine various types of baby lettuce, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, and pasta spirals? You get a tasty light lunch, or a salad on the side of whatever else you’re having.
- 1 (16oz) package gluten-free brown rice pasta spirals
- 2 (15oz) cans chickpeas
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fine ground Himalayan salt
- 2 cups spring mix*
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well, then transfer to a large bowl
- In a medium pot, cook chickpeas in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from heat and drain well. Add to the pasta.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the spring mix. Gently toss to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cold.
- Add the spring mix, again gently toss, and serve!
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
* You can purchase a ready-made spring mix at your local supermarket, or you can make your own by combining two or more types of baby lettuce leaves. Some popular choices are baby green chard, baby red chard, baby green oak lettuce, baby red oak lettuce, lollo rosso lettuce, and mizuna greens.
Leave a Comment