Looking for a vegan and gluten-free stuffing recipe? This one uses steel cut oats and herbs, making it both satisfying and flavorful. Or you might try our recipe for Scottish Stuffing made with rolled oats. Make either one part of your next lunch or dinner, or serve on Thanksgiving Day along with Baked Eggplant, Mixed Vegetables, Mashed Butternut Squash, and Cranberry Sauce. And for dessert, Vegan Pumpkin Pie or gluten-free Apple Pie.
- 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats, or other brand
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, or to taste
- Dash of chipotle powder
- In a large covered container, soak oats in filtered water overnight. Drain well.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Spread evenly on a large baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 250º F oven for 20 minutes or until dry and heated. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve.
Makes 2 to 4 servings