You’ll love this fresh morning juice! It’s made with golden beet, carrot, orange, lemon, ginger, turmeric, and maple syrup.
- 1/2 medium golden beet, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2-inch piece ginger root, peeled
- 1/2-inch piece turmeric root, peeled
- 1/2 cup cold filtered water, or more
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 12 ice cubes, divided
- Blend all the ingredients, except for the ice cubes, in a high powered blender on low speed then high for 1 minute or until well blended and fairly smooth. Add a little more of the cold filtered water if needed for blending well.
- Add six of the ice cubes and blend until the ice is just melted. Immediately pour into two 8oz glasses, through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the pulp.
- Divide the remaining ice cubes equally between the two glasses, and serve!
- You can replace the fresh ginger root and turmeric root with approximately 1/16 teaspoon ginger root powder and 1/16 teaspoon turmeric root powder.
- To make the juice red on top and orange on the bottom, make the golden beet juice and divide it equally between two 8oz glasses, poured through a fine mesh strainer, then add the remaining ice cubes. Set aside. Chop 1/2 medium red beet, place it in the blender container with enough additional cold filtered water to cover, and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth. Divide equally between the two glasses, poured gently on top of the golden beat juice through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the pulp. Don’t mix the juice — just allow the red juice to sink partly into the golden juice, so that most of the red color remains at the top. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 (8oz) serving.