This fresh garden salad can be served before, after, or during a meal. Culturally, Americans have their salad before or during the main course, and Europeans often have their salad after. Whenever, it’s healthy!
- 1/2 head organic iceberg lettuce, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup variety of organic mixed baby lettuce, greens, and herbs, depending on what’s in season (spinach, tango, red oak, green oak, red romaine, green romaine, red leaf, green leaf, red chard, green chard, red mustard, green mustard, arugula, dill, parsley, mint, tarragon, chervil, cilantro), washed, rinsed, and dried
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 stock celery, sliced
- 1/8 red onion, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives or sliced red radishes (optional)
- vegan ranch dressing or other vegan and gluten-free salad dressing to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the salad dressing. Toss to mix.
- Divide the salad equally among 4 or 6 salad plates. Drizzle with salad dressing and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.