A delicious nut butter spread that will surely go fast — it’s that good. Spread some on celery sticks or Flax Seed Crackers for a satisfying snack!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoons finely ground Himalayan salt
- Place the nuts and seeds on separate large baking sheets, and roast them with the almonds on the top rack in a preheated 400º F oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned with a nutty aroma. Let cool.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the salt, then process for 12 minutes or until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. Processing will warm the mixture, so let it cool before transferring it to a Jar. Stores refrigerated in a jar with an airtight lid for up to 5 days, if it doesn’t get devoured before then.
- You can replace the sunflower seeds with raw cashews, if preferred.
- When you’re short on time you can purchase roasted nuts, so not to have to roast them yourself. Though, roasted nuts are usually salted, which means you can’t control the kind of salt used or the amount. You can also not roast the nuts, but the taste is better when roasted.
- For a chunky version, transfer the processed nut butter into a medium size bowl and mix in 1/2 cup chopped almonds. It’s best to use a chef’s knife to carefully chop the nuts on a cutting board, since the pulse button on a food processor might chop the nuts to a dust while leaving some too big.
Makes about 3 cups
Leave a Comment