This coconut whipped cream topping is cool. Literally. Use it straight out of the refrigerator to top a small bowl of raspberries, or other type of berries or fruit. You might also try a dollop on a slice of Vegan Pumpkin Pie, or atop a Chai Smoothie.
- 1 (13.66oz) can Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk, or other brand.
- Stevia to taste.
- Don’t open or shake the can of coconut milk. Instead, place the unopened can in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, open the can. Don’t stir. The coconut milk should have separated from the coconut water, risen to the top, and thickened. Use a spoon to remove the thickened coconut milk and place it in a mixing bowl. So not to let the coconut water go to waste, refrigerate in an airtight container for use in your next fruit smoothie.
- Add a very small amount of stevia to the thickened coconut milk. Use an electric mixer or egg beater to beat for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Taste. If necessary, add more stevia and mix again. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more to chill. Use straight from the refrigerator to top your favorite vegan and gluten-free desserts and fruit smoothies. Stores refrigerated in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- If you prefer, replace stevia with 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or agave nectar, or to taste. Though, with these liquid sweeteners you can expect the color to slightly darken. And don’t add too much, otherwise the consistency may become too thin.
- For added flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon of pure, alcohol free, vanilla extract.
Makes 4 to 6 servings