This is a lighter version of classic potato salad, because it uses baked cauliflower in place of potatoes.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery stock, sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup julienne-cut sun dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- paprika to garnish
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley or celentro
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar, light
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Break cauliflower into florets. Cut the larger florets into bite size pieces. Place cauliflower pieces, olive oil, and sea salt in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Transfer cauliflower to a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and slightly browned in spots. Let cool.
- Place in a large bowl the baked cauliflower and remaining salad ingredients, except for the paprika.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Mixture should have a somewhat thick consistency.
- Just before serving, add dressing to cauliflower mixture and gently mix until well combined. Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.