When you don’t want grains but you want something, maybe have finely chopped cauliflower, which resembles white rice. To give it zing, add finely chopped onion, Himalayan salt, and black pepper.
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place 1/4 of the cauliflower pieces into a food processor bowl, or the amount you feel that your food processor can handle, and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower. Do the same with the onion.
- Mix in the Himalayan salt and pepper, and serve!
- For added flavor, mix in 1/4 cup finely of your favorite herb. You might try oregano, basil, thyme, or dill.
- Make it lemony. Just add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix well.
- Try mixing in 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Five Spice Powder or other brand.
Makes 4 servings.