A creamy topping that’s dairy-free, naturally sweetened, and delicious. Place a dollop of this cream on your favorite vegan and gluten-free desserts, atop Chai Smoothie or other creamy vegan smoothie, or layer it between different kinds of chopped fruit or berries for a great tasting fruit parfait.
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts or cashews, soaked 2 to 4 hours
- 1 (10oz) bag frozen mango
- 1 ripe organic banana
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Blend all the ingredients in a high powered blender, on low speed then high, for 2 minutes or until very smooth and creamy, using a tamper as needed.
- Transfer to a large jar or container, seal with a tight lid, and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more to chill and slightly thicken. Use it in place of dairy whipped topping. Stores refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Makes 2 cups