A dark, somewhat sweet, nicely seasoned, vinaigrette. It will make your favorite green salads even better!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar*
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar, light
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons filtered water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or shake in a tightly sealed bottle.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk or shake some more, until well combined and emulsified. Since vinaigrette is only a temporary emulsion, again whisk or shake just before you pour a desired amount over your salad, and enjoy!
Makes about 3/4 cup.
*Balsamic vinegar is gluten-free. In fact, vinegar in general is gluten-free, other than malt vinegar. However, people with celiac disease and gluten sensitivity may want to do without balsamic vinegar, since there is a small possibility of it being contaminated from having been aged in wood casks sealed with a paste made from wheat or rye flour. Contact the manufacturer to be sure that it’s gluten-free or choose a different vinegar, such as apple cider vinegar. Also, Most vinaigrette dressings are roughly 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar, but because different vinegars come in different strengths you may need to slightly adjust the amount of vinegar used, then taste the flavor of your vinaigrette on piece of lettuce before serving.