A simple recipe for a great tasting snack that can be made whenever you carve a pumpkin or cook any squash — since all squash seeds are editable. Maybe try our Spaghetti Squash recipe, which will give you the amount of seeds needed for this recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Seeds from 1 large spaghetti squash or other squash (about 1 cup), rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled.
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground Himalayan salt, or to taste
- Grease a nonstick baking sheet with coconut oil
- Spread the seeds on the backing sheet in a single layer and bake in a preheated, 350˚ F oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
Sprinkle with salt, toss to coat, and serve!
Makes about 1 1/2 cups