This easy to make recipe turns baby bok choy into a tangy little vegetable dish, with ingredients such as minced red chili pepper, garlic, ginger, and more.
- 4 medium heads baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 3/4 cup low sodium gluten-free vegetable broth
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red chili pepper, and ginger. Sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in the sesame seed oil. Add the baby bok choy in a single layer. Pour in the vegetable broth. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 16 minutes or until tender, turning the baby bok choy with cooking tongs half way through cooking.
- Transfer to a serving platter, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings