This creamy egg-free mayo can be used in place of mayonnaise made with eggs, as a spread, a dip, or in most recipes that call for mayonnaise. Maybe use it in making Vegan ‘Tuna’ Salad.
- 1 16oz Firm tofu*, drained
- 6 dates, pitted and soaked in filtered water for 2 hours
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine ground pink Himalayan salt, or to taste
- In a high powered blender, blend all the ingredients except for the tofu on low speed then high for 30 seconds or until liquefied and lump free.
- Add the tofu and again blend on low speed then high, only this time for 1 minute or until creamy smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a container or jar and seal with a lid. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Stores refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
*Plain tofu is made from soybeans, water, and a curdling agent and is gluten-free. However, if soy sauce made from wheat is used to flavor the tofu it is not gluten- free.