A tasty split pea soup that’s easy to make.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 4 cups Imagine Vegetable Broth, or other gluten-free brand
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, or to taste
- paprika or homemade Vegan Grated ‘Cheese’ (optional), to garnish
- Place the onion, celery, garlic, and coconut oil in a large pot. Sauté on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the vegetable broth, water, and split peas. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, simmer partly covered, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until the split peas are tender.
- Mix in the Himalayan salt. Taste and add more salt if desired. Serve immediately in soup bowls, with or without a garnish of paprika or homemade Vegan Grated ‘Cheese.’
Makes 4 servings