These cucumber hors d’oeuvre are simple to make and tasty. Serve them at your next party, or before a meal as an appetizer. Heck, you can even serve them just to yourself whenever your in the mood for a fancy snack.
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vegenaise or homemade Vegan Mayo
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Nutritional Yeast or other brand
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash of Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper or other brand
- Simply Organic White Pepper or other brand to taste
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon shredded carrot, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped black olives, divided
- Sprigs of fresh dill to garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the avocado, red bell pepper, vegan mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, lime juice, minced dill, onion powder, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place 1/2-teaspoon of mixture on each cucumber slice. Top with shredded carrot and black olives, garnish with a sprig of dill, arrange on a platter, and serve! Double, triple, quadruple… the recipe, depending on the amount of people you plan to serve.
Makes about 8 hor d’oeuvres